Friday, May 25, 2012

Five for Friday

Here are five post or articles I benefited from this week:

New & Notable Music - Blogmeister Tim Challies shares a few new Christian music projects you may not be aware of. I enjoyed Big Stories for Little Ones and Church Clothes this week. I didn't get a chance to listen to the other two he noted, but I'll check them out next week.

Why Are People So Cruel - Chris LoCurto is another one of the great guys on Dave Ramsey's team (I mentioned Jon Acuff last week). He shared this video and it literally moved me to tears. Every. Life. Is. Beautiful.

I'm Encouraged When an Unbeliever Hits Gospel Notes - Erik Raymond is a pastor who I've interacted with on a couple of occasions via his blog. He is a thinker and has a great eye for how theology (especially the Gospel) plays out in real life. "Then he spoke with prophetic clarity: 'Sometimes peace can only come through bloodshed man.'" Gospel gold.

What Do We Do With the Bible? Read It -Bill Mounce is pretty much the king of  Biblical Greek. I usually don't understand much of what he writes (my inadequacies, not his), but this series of posts matches the very heartbeat of what I desire to teach with my blog. Part 2 is below.


What Do We Do With the Bible? Meditate On It - Simply reading Scripture isn't enough to be changed by it. We have to actually engage the Word in order for it to conform our thoughts to it's. I often struggle with taking the time to meditate on Scripture, so this post has been especially helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.