Monday, October 18, 2010

Far More Precious Than Jewels

"He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the LORD."

I've always wanted a wife. As a child I would pretend that my invisible friend was actually my wife. I wanted someone to love and protect. To trust and have fun with. To share the joys and pain of life with.

My wife and I will have been married for 12 years May 2011. I can honestly say, I have experienced God's love and grace in the woman He has sent me. I have seen Him at work in both of our lives individually and in our marriage together to conform us to the image of His Son and teach us the relationship He has with His bride, the Church. Jesus truly is the glue that holds our marriage together and there is great security in knowing that "what God hath put together, let no man put asunder". The Bible speaks the truth when it says, "House and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the LORD."

For the glory of God, and in honor of my wife, I would like to share a verse from a song I wrote several years back:

I stand amazed when I think about this lady
You have given the strength to put up with my ways
What awesome love is this holding us together
I pray she'll stay with me until my dying day
And I stand amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.