Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Introducing Wednesday's Wisdom

Wisdom has always had an attraction to me. As a child, I always loved the old, wise sage-type characters in books in movies. My all-time favorite is Mr. Miyagi from The Karate Kid. He had such simple, yet profound, answers for every situation Daniel-san faced. I often dreamed of being that kind of father to my sons and daughters. It didn't take long after becoming a father for me to realize that I don't possess this type of wisdom. Sometimes I wonder if I ever will.



One of the most important genres of literature in the Bible is wisdom literature. The books of this type include Job, the Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, and Song of Solomon (aka Song of Songs). These books can be some of the most difficult to interpret, but most thought provoking and enriching when properly understood.
In Proverbs 3:13 - 15, the author declares,
"Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding, for the gain from her is better than gain from silver and her profit better than gold. She is more precious than jewels, and nothing you desire can compare with her."
In my quest for Godly wisdom, I have committed to consistently read through the book of Proverbs. I encourage you to do the same, for I have found it to be extraordinarily helpful and vital in understanding the world I live in, the human being that I am, and the God that I serve.

Each Wednesday I will publish a post centered around a proverb that I've read and pondered during my monthly reading of Proverbs. I would love for the comments section of the post to be a place where you can share your thoughts concerning the proverb as well. I hope that this will help all who participate to grow in Godly wisdom and understanding.

If you plan on participating in Wednesday's Wisdom, I encourage you to introduce yourself in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.