Saturday, April 7, 2012

SpeakEZ Attire

I've been a Christian for over a decade now, and one thing, among many, that hasn't gotten any easier is initiating a conversation with somebody about spiritual things for the purpose of sharing the Gospel. I love the Gospel. I love to share the Gospel. I've traveled through neighborhoods, door to door, sharing the Gospel.
I've walked the through the mall and stood outside of movie theaters, stopping people to ask them about their faith. I've even stood in the back of my pickup truck in a parking lot full of teenagers and proclaimed the Gospel. But I always feel like a cold-call salesman when I think about telling others about my faith. I'm afraid that the person I'm trying to engage with the "Good News" will feel like I'm simply trying to sell him something he doesn't want.

I've tried different methods (WOTM), acronyms (F.A.I.T.H), and tracts. I've bought DVDs and listened to sermons and teachings on how to share the Christian faith. And while all of them have been successful (you always win when you share the Gospel), none of them have helped overcome the most difficult part, breaking the ice, without making me feel like I have to trick people into the conversation.

I fear - better yet I know - I'm not the only one who feels this way. I've spoken with Christians who know the Gospel and will not hesitate to proclaim it if the subject comes up. Unfortunately, the subject seldom comes up. So I've spent many hours trying to figure out how to raise the subject without being perceived as sneaky at best, or obnoxious at worst.

We live in a culture that is crazy about t-shirts. I have to admit, I love them too. They can be used as wearable billboards. Some are good, some are bad, but good or bad, they can attract attention. And with a t-shirt, you have a good three second opportunity to get someone to think. Best of all, you leave the ball in their court. If they want to speak to you or ask about your t-shirt, they can. If not, no problem.

With this concept in mind, I've created SpeakEZ Attire. I'm designing shirts that are simple, yet thought provoking. My goal is to design clean looking shirts that provoke people to think about eternity and things that really matter and spark them to ask questions. I believe these shirts will open up more opportunities to share the Gospel.

Here is one of the designs:

Front
Back

Here is another:

Front

Not all of them relate directly to the Gospel. The design that inspired this whole t-shirt idea is actually a pro life design. A few days after my Mom told me my story, this thought hit me and I decided to make it into a t-shirt.


Front
Back

I have a few other designs in the store and several more to release periodically through the year. Please take a minute to leave feedback (positive or negative) in the comments section on the concept as a whole and/or the designs I've placed here. I genuinely value your opinion.

If you would like to check out the on-line store, click here. My desire for SpeakEZ Attire is to help Christians engage our culture with the Gospel of Jesus Christ by provoking thought and sparking conversation. Soli Deo Gloria.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave a comment.